- The race will start and finish at Kawerau Adventure Hub, Firmin Field, and Lodge, Waterhouse St, Kawerau.
- Officials on the course must be obeyed at all times. They are there for your safety.
- The route up and down the mountain is via the designated track and is marked. You must keep to the designated marked track. If you choose to take any alternative track you will be instantly disqualified from the race.
- You must go through the checkpoint at the top of the mountain. Your number will be recorded for your safety at checkpoints 5, 6, 7 and 8
- Runners descending the mountain have right of way.
- Entrants must give way to faster competitors.
- Limited water is available on the mountain. There are 4 drink stations – 2 on the way up – 1 at the top – 1 on the way down. Particular emphasis should be given to pre-race hydration.
- Official timing will cease after 3 hours, and marshals are withdrawn from the course. Competitors must be fit to compete in this event within the times scheduled. There are marshaling points on the racecourse, it is at the discretion of any race officials to withdraw a competitor from these points if they do not make cut-off times or it is deemed unsafe for the competitor to continue. Please respect the race official’s decision.
- You must report any injured people to the officials at any of the drink stations.
- Race numbers to be worn on the front and back of your race shirt and be visible at all times.
- In the event of an emergency make your way to the nearest marshaling point on the mountain at checkpoints 4, 5, 6, or 7, or 8 and await further instructions.
- If you withdraw from the race and do not cross the finish line you must make sure an official knows and reports your number. EVERYONE must be checked off the mountain. Each competitor is issued a timing chip transponder which is to be attached to the leg using the ankle bracelet provided. This must be returned to the finish line personnel, any transponders not returned will incur a charge to the competitor.
- If you are unable to compete – please notify firstname.lastname@example.org immediately.
- All competitors at registration will be required to sign this declaration. Please note, by entering this race you are accepting the race rules, terms and conditions.
- Cut Off Times – You will be withdrawn from the race by marshals if you are unable to reach the following cut off times:
- The Skid (Drink stop at P&P summit)- 35 Minutes
- Ex Pine Tree (Halfway up the mountain) – 1 Hour 15 Minutes
- The Summit – 2 Hours 30 Minutes
N.B. Each of these cut-off times is extremely generous and based on a competitor with low to moderate fitness levels. If your fitness level will not meet these times, we advise you to climb Putauaki at another time other than race day. Permits must be obtained from Maori Investments Limited
DECLARATION – TO BE COMPLETED BY ALL ATHLETES
I agree to comply with the rules of the Kawerau King of the Mountain Race. I waive all claims against the event organisers, race personnel, promoters, land owners or sponsors. I agree that any photographs and video taken (including drone footage) maybe used for promotional purposes. I consent to the information provided being used for the event administration and promotion. This consent is given in accordance with the Privacy Act 1993.